Achillea ptarmica (The Pearl Group) 'The Pearl' (clonal)
- in stock
- 2 litre pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moist, well-drained
- Rate of Growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Elegant sprays of pure white, double and semi-double pom-pom flowers are borne over a long period from June to August above finely toothed, dark green leaves. This achillea is vigourous and spreads to form a natural mound. A favourite of Edwardian garden designer Gertrude Jeykll, it is excellent for the middle of a sunny, well-drained border, and looks great with a backdrop of evergreens. It is long flowering and drought-tolerant.
- Garden care: Stake using bamboo canes or brushwood before the flowers appear. Cut down to the ground in autumn. Pull out seedlings as they appear, as they rarely match the parent plant. Lift and divide large clumps in late autumn or early spring. This achillea is prone to mildew in hot, humid conditions.