Anemone blanda 'Mixed'
wood anemone bulbs
- available to order from summer 2018
- 50 bulbs
- 100 + 50 FREE bulbs
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: March to April
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 4/5
Delightful, daisy-like flowers from March to April and delicate fern-like foliage. These charming wood anemones are perfect for naturalising in a mixed border around the base of deciduous shrubs. For maximum impact plant in bold drifts 5-8cm (2-3in) deep in well-drained, humus-rich soil in September or October.
- Garden care: Soak the tubers overnight in cool water and plant them in naturalistic drifts (it doesn't matter which way up) 5cm deep and 15cm apart from September to November. Ideally you should choose a spot where they can be left undisturbed so they can naturalise and spread.