Artemisia ludoviciana 'Silver Queen'
- in stock
- 2 litre pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained, fertile soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering Period: August to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Artemesias are prized for their fine, almost silver, aromatic foliage rather than for their flowers, which are dull and insignificant. This one is semi-evergreen and has slender, silvery-white leaves, that turn greener as they age and tiny, brownish-yellow, mimosa-like flowers in August and September. It is an ideal groundcover plant for a sunny, well-drained Mediterranean border or gravel garden. Drought tolerant once established, it's an excellent foil for white or brightly coloured flowers. Give it space to spread out.
- Garden care: Cut back stems back to ground-level in autumn and apply a generous mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around base of the plant.