basil 'Bolloso Napoletano'
basil / Ocimum basilicum 'Napoletano'
- in stock
- approx 4000 seeds
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: full sun, sheltered and warm or a sunny windowsill
- Soil: fertile, moist but well drained
A vigorous plant with large, scented, bright green blistered leaves. This variety is only found in Naples and is highly prized for it's flavour. Used for wrapping motteralla up on the plate.
- Growing Instructions Sow indoors - February to April (for earlier crops). Sow outside - March to July (when the air temperature is above 10C). Sow 0.5cm deep. Plant out April to May (if sown inside). Thin plants to 10cm apart April to August (if sown outside)
- Harvest - June to October