clematis (group 3)
- within 2 weeks
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
An unusual clematis with very deep purple flowers with contrasting pale yellow stamens. The blooms are produced from July through to September and looks particularly attractive when planted against a light background or growing through yellow-leaved shrubs. Prune back in early spring to a pair of strong buds about 20cm above ground level.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground-level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.