- within 1 week
- 12cm pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: bright, indirect light
- Soil: fertile: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 25cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
Popular since the Victorian times when they were grown in large planters, these are possibly one of the easiest of the indoor ferns to grow, so are still a great option today. They are elegant plants and look great in steamy bathrooms.
- Home care: Keep the compost moist (but not waterlogged) at all times, but this can be cut back a little in winter, and place in a bright spot away from direct sunlight. These ferns love a humid atmosphere, so mist the leaves regularly with water and/or place the pot on pebbles in a tray filled with water. Maintain temperatures above 10°C in winter and avoid summer temperatures above 25°C. Repot in spring when the plant becomes root-bound.