Rhododendron 'Gomer Waterer'
- in stock
- 3 litre pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained, humus-rich, acid soil or ericaceous compost
- Rate of growth: slow to average
- Flowering period: May and June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This is a popular and well-established cultivar that will put on a great display in early summer when the leafy stems are topped with generous clusters of funnel-shaped flowers. These are a gorgeous blend of subtle shades - including blush pink, soft mauve, creamy white and yellow. It's happiest in a partially shaded spot, however this evergreen rhododendron will tolerate sun better than many others, provided it is kept well watered.
- Garden care: Avoid planting too deeply. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of leaf mould around the base of the plant each spring.