Howea forsteriana - kentia palm & aluminium pot cover combination
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height approximately 80cm (including pot)
- Pot cover: includes a tilting aluminium pot cover
One of the most popular palms which if you stepped back into the Victorian times would have been seen in many a drawing room. They are still popular today as they are easy to grow, evergreen and will complement most rooms. Keep them away from direct sunlight as this can burn the leaves, and away from cold draughts.
The plant is supplied with our tall Aluminium Urb pot and deep tray finished in dark rust. The tray allows you to angle the plant however you choose or tilt it toward the light. Planter measures Ø41cm x H40cm, tray Ø26cm x H6cm.
- Home care: The golden rule is not to leave this plant sitting in water - they like a moist soil but won't like to have their roots sodden so feel the top of the soil before watering. In the winter it will still need watering but not as much. It likes humidity, so mist the leaves regularly in hot weather or if it is in a warm room. Avoid repotting until it is really pot-bound as they don't like to be disturbed.