Saxifraga stolonifera & hanging pot combination
Buy all 1 items for the combination
Please note some items are unavailable
- Total: £27.99
- Position: ideally bright, indirect light
- Soil: fertile: good, freely draining potting compost
- Rate of growth: fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 30cm (including pot)
The 'mother' plant forms a rosette of attractively veined leaves, each of which has a reddish plum reverse, and it sends out slender stems, which are studded with lots of 'baby' plants along their length. Commonly called Mother of thousands (amongst many other things), it is an incredibly easy plant to propagate, so you will soon be able to create new plants to give to your friends. It's primarily grown for its colourful foliage, however an added bonus is the clusters of small cream flowers it produces in summer.
- Home care: To display, drop some pebbles in the base of the brass pot and rest the plastic pot on top to lift it level. Keep well watered during the warmer months, but try to avoid leaving water droplets on the foliage. In winter, don't water as often, allowing the compost to become dryer. Avoid placing in areas of high humidity, and re-pot in spring.