Zygopetalum 'Trozy Blue' - orchid & pot cover combination
Buy all 1 items for the combination
Please note some items are unavailable
- Total: £3.69
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: these plants do not need to grow in compost, but if potting up, use a specialist orchid compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: plant approximately 50cm
- Number of stems: 1 flower stem
- Pot cover: includes the orchid high pot cover
This unusual orchid is ideal for the enthusiast. The slender-petalled, wax-like flowers are an interesting mix of green, plum and purple-blue and they produce a fresh, sweet scent in the early morning, while the green foliage is often infused with black spots and streaks. If you buy this collection it will come with a classic white pot, which does not have a hole in the base, so you can pop the plant straight in, and then place it onto your best furniture without having to worry about leaving water marks.
- Home care: Water weekly by sitting the pot in a tray of water (or the kitchen sink) for 15 minutes so it can soak up as much as it likes, then leave it to drain thoroughly before moving it back into position. Maintain temperatures around 15-24°C and keep it in a bright spot with protection from direct sunshine during spring and summer. Don't worry if the roots grow outside the pot. In their native environment, they grow in the crooks of branches, and use these aerial roots to absorb water from the air. They do not mind being overcrowded in their pots, so you only need to repot them when the growth starts to suffer.
items included (click on thumbnail for more info)
Zygopetalum 'Trozy Blue'
- Price £0.00
- Qty 0 (unavailable)
- available to order from spring
- Total £0.00
Pot cover 'Brussels diamond orchid high'
Brussels diamond orchid high pot cover white
- Price £3.69
- Qty 1
- in stock (shipped in 2-4 working days)
- Total £3.69