Abelia × grandiflora Lucky Lots ('Wevo2') (PBR)
- In stock (shipped within 7-9 working days)
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £5.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to October
- Hardiness: borderline hardy (may need protection in winter)
Ideal for pots or low, informal hedging, this colourful, semi-evergreen shrub can produce its scented, creamy white flowers for months on end, which makes it ideal for placing near pathways, entrances or seating areas. Its foliage is also attractive, being subtly variegated and taking on a red hue as the temperatures drop in autumn. It's ideally suited for a sunny, sheltered spot, where it will usually hold onto many of its leaves in winter.
- Garden care: Deadhead regularly to prolong flowering. In autumn after flowering, lightly trim back the flowered shoots to retain a neat and tidy shape. Remove any dead or damaged wood in April.