Abelia × grandiflora Magic Daydream ('Opstal103') (PBR)
- shipped within 2 weeks
- 2 litre pot
This shrub is semi-evergreen, so it can lose some of its leaves in winter. In colder regions or more exposed gardens, it may lose them all, but then fresh new foliage appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: borderline hardy (may need protection in winter)
This award-winning new abelia is hardier than most, and it is also quite compact and bushy, so it's perfect for pots. It also produces its scented and incredibly long-lasting flowers (which are also larger than average) in abundance. The colour of these flowers changes from white to pink over the season, so the effect is really showy - particularly as they are topping the pink-flushed variegated foliage. It's a fab new addition to our range, and will create a long season of interest when planted in a shrub border.
- Garden care: Deadhead regularly to prolong flowering and plant in full sun for the leaf variegation to develop fully. In autumn after flowering, lightly trim back the flowered shoots to retain a neat and tidy shape. Remove any dead or damaged wood in April.