Acer palmatum 'Dissectum'
cut-leaved Japanese maple
- in stock
- 2 litre pot (30cm)
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: partial shade or full sun
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained neutral to acid soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This acer has feathery, mid-green leaves that turn gold and orange in autumn looking as if they have been shredded before they fall. Its rounded, compact habit makes it perfect for a small garden, particularly in a container in a container in a contemporary urban courtyard. Or try it alongside an ornamental pool, where its sculptural shape will be reflected in the water. It needs a sheltered spot, away from strong winds or all-day sun.
- Garden care: Add a top-dressing of a well-balanced fertiliser around the base of a newly planted tree in late spring and keep well watered. No routine pruning is required, just remove any dead, damaged or crossing branches in late autumn or winter when they are fully dormant.