Adiantum raddianum 'Fragrantissimum'
maidenhair fern Fragrans
- within 3 weeks
- 14cm pot - 30cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: bright, indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 30cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
The black stalked, triangular fronds of this elegant maidenhair fern are made up of lots of lobed segments, which create a soft and lacey effect. The colouring of the fronds is pretty too - being a soft yellowish green initially, but turning a darker green as they mature. This is a wonderful plant for a larger terrarium as it loves a humid atmosphere, but it will also flourish in a steamy bathroom or kitchen. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Grow in bright but indirect light and keep well watered but not waterlogged in summer. Reduce watering in winter, but do ensure at all times that the humidity levels do not drop. The best way to do this is to mist the plant with water at regular intervals.