- in stock
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: March to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A very pretty climber, this has beautiful maroon-chocolate flowers which have an exotic spicy fragrance with a hint of vanilla, and appear in spring. They stand out against the bright green, three-lobed leaves, which have a purple tinge in winter. This unusual semi-evergreen climber is excellent for training against walls or up a pergola. If we have a warm spring, and then a long hot summer it can have large sausage-shaped fruits, but you do need 2 plants of the same species for fertilisation.
- Garden care: Prune back after flowering where necessary.