- available to order from summer
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
This climber is semi-evergreen, so it can lose some of its leaves in winter. In colder regions or more exposed gardens, it may lose them all, but then fresh new foliage appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: March to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A very pretty semi-evergreen climber, with beautiful maroon-chocolate flowers that have a spicy fragrance with just a hint of vanilla. Appearing in spring, they stand out against the bright green, three-lobed leaves, which have a purple tinge in winter. It's excellent for training against a wall or over a pergola, and in warmer years, it can produce large sausage-shaped fruits - if you have 2 plants of the same species that can cross-pollinate.
- Garden care: Prune back after flowering where necessary.