ornamental onion or allium bulbs
- available to order from summer
- 3 bulbs
- 9 bulbs
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Allium bulb size: 18/-
Earlier flowering than many of the other large-headed alliums, rosenbachianum is ideal for adding to the collection if you want to help stretch the season. It's also an impressive sight when its generous heads (up to 10cm in diameter) are fully open.
- Garden care: Plant the bulbs 15cm deep and 20cm apart to avoid the flowers being too crowded. Avoid excessive soil moisture and split and divide large clumps in autumn or spring.
- CAUTION do not eat ornamental bulbs