(shipped within 5-7 working days)
- 12cm pot - 25cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost, well drained
- Rate of growth: slow
- Flowering period: early summer generally
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 25cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
In its native Africa, this stately succulent will form a sizeable clump made up of rosettes of slender green leaves, each with a short, toothed edge. When grown as a house plant, it stays smaller, but no less impressive - and in the right conditions, each rosette may also produce a bottle brush-like 'poker' of cylindrical red flowers. It's a stylish and architectural gem.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Water moderately when growing, and sparingly when dormant through the winter months. Feed with a balanced liquid fertiliser 2-3 times during the growing season.
- Harmful if eaten