Aloe zebrina 'Danyz'
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- 10.5cm pot 10cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Compost: specialist cacti compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 10cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 12cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
Forming chunky-looking rosettes of variegated green and cream leaves, each of which is encased in a serrated orange border, this showy succulent will flourish on a bright windowsill in a contemporary setting. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a standard nursery plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Place it in a bright spot and in spring and summer, water when the compost gets dry, but make sure it never sits in excess water for any length of time. In autumn and winter cut back on the watering but do not let it dry out completely. Avoid a humid atmosphere (no bathrooms or steamy kitchens) and in the warmer months, open a window or door occasionally so it can enjoy the fresh air. Repot every year or two into a slightly larger pot using cacti compost. You will find it easier to tackle if you concertina a couple of sheets of newspaper and then fold these around the spines, leaving a 'tail' that you can use to lift the plant out of one pot and into another. Otherwise invest in some thorn-proof gloves!
- Harmful if eaten