Alstroemeria 'Junon' (Planet Series)
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow growing to average
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The broad, heart-shaped outer petals of this Peruvian lily have an apricot-pink flare running through their centre, while the thinner inner petals have a golden band, a pink tip and rich plum coloured markings. Their rich blend of colours makes them ideal for mixing with a wide range of colours in the border, while their long vase-life makes them a firm favourite of the florists.
- Garden care: Newly planted Alstroemerias should be given a very generous 20cm (8") deep mulch of chipped bark in their first winter to help the plants become established. In subsequent autumns, provide a dry mulch of bracken or bark chippings to help protect the crowns. After flowering cut back the faded flower-stems, but make sure you always wear gloves when working with Peruvian lilies, as contact with the foliage may cause skin irritation.
- May cause skin allergy