Amaranthus cruentus 'Velvet Curtains'
prince's feather 'Velvet Curtains'
- in stock
- approx 1500 seeds
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: tender
Dramatic plants with large plumes of flowers, ideal for a sunny, sheltered border. Flower heads will turn to seed and retain their colour for a long season of interest.
Winner of an Royal Horticultural Society, Award of Garden Merit for reliability and good performance.
Part of the seed range produced by Mr Fothergill’s Seeds in partnership with the RHS.
- Garden care:Provide protection from frost and sow 1mm deep into good seed compost. When they are large enough to handle, thin them out and pot them on individually. Pinching out the growing tips will encourage bushier growth. After all frost has passed, gradually harden off and plant outside in a sunny, sheltered spot with rich soil. Allow at least 30cm between each plant. Keep the plants well watered and feed regularly during the growing season.
- Sow: March-May
- Flowering: June-October
- Approximate quantity: 1500 seeds.