Eventual height & spread
Anemone × hybrida Königin Charlotte
Japanese anemone (syn. Queen Charlotte)
- shipped within 2 weeks
- 9cm pot
- Next / named day
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: August to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A fabulous plant for bringing colour to the garden in late summer and autumn, this Japanese anemone produces masses of large, pink, cup shaped flowers on tall, wiry stems from August to October. The leaves are pretty too, being vine-like and semi-evergreen. This award-winning, semi-double Japanese anemone is perfect for areas of partial shade towards the back of a moist herbaceous or mixed border. If left undisturbed, they will soon spread to form majestic clumps.
- Garden care: Cut back the stalks after the flowers have faded and tidy up the old foliage in March. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant in spring. Avoid moving the plant since it resents disturbance, but when necessary, lift and divide congested clumps in early spring.