wood anemone bulbs
- available to order from summer 2018
- 25 bulbs
- 75 bulbs
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained soil but can cope with drier conditions when dormant in summer
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: March- April
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: between 12-30mm in length
You can create a stunning carpet of flowers if you plant loads of these around deciduous trees and shrubs. The faintly scented, white flowers are sometimes flushed with pink on the outer petals and their 'faces' will follow the sun across the sky. They appear above clumps of feathery foliage just before the trees burst into leaf in spring. This is a well deserved recipient of the RHS Award of Garden Merit. Plant with bluebells, as their flowering time just overlaps.
- Garden care: Plant the rhizomes horizontally 5-8cm (2-3in) deep in September or October to form naturalistic drifts.