Anthurium White Champion ('Anthefaqyr') (PBR)
- available to order from spring
- 14cm pot - 50cm tall
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: periodically throughout the year
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 50cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
A lovely variation on the red variety, this flamingo flower produces its white waxy flowers off and on throughout the year. Its pretty easy to look after too, so if you are looking for something that will add a bit of understated colour to a brightly lit room, then this could be the one.
- Home care: Water freely when in growth, but keep dryer in winter. Mist the leaves regularly with water to increase humidity and every so often put it under a cold shower to wash off the leaves. Make sure the winter temperatures stay above 15°C, and repot every couple of years.