Asparagus densiflorus 'Myersii'
plume asparagus or foxtail fern
- available to order from summer
- 17cm pot - 40cm tall
- Position: bright, indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 40cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose an 18cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
A neat and bushy plant, that produces bottle brush-like, lush green stems that create a really decorative effect. One of its common names (foxtail fern) is slightly misleading as it isn't a fern - but it does have fern-like qualities, although it is much easier to grow!
- Home care: Water regularly in the growing season, but less in winter. Mist the leaves with water occasionally - particularly in winter when the central heating is turned on. Maintain temperatures above 10°C in winter and repot in spring when the plant becomes root-bound.
- May cause skin allergy/fruits harmful if eaten