asparagus fern plumosus
- shipped within 1 week
- 12cm pot - 30cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: bright, indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 30cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
Often (incorrectly) referred to as a fern, this is an elegant indoor plant, with slender stems and near horizontal spreading frond-like branches. Initially bushy, the stems become more tendril-like as the plant matures, and it is then that you can see that it is actually a twining climber.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Water regularly in the growing season (less in winter and in areas of low humidity), mist the leaves with water on a regular basis, or place the pot on pebbles in a tray filled with water. Maintain temperatures above 10°C in winter and avoid summer temperatures above 25°C. Repot in spring when the plant becomes root-bound.
- May cause skin allergy/fruits harmful if eaten