Azalea simsii 'Aiko Pink'
- available to order from spring
- 12cm pot - 20cm tall
- Standard £4.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current diameter: plant approximately 20cm diameter
- Pot covers: choose a 14 cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
Many-petalled, cup-shaped blooms appear at the tips of the branches, which are clothed with lustrous deep green foliage. In good conditions, this indoor azalea can flower several weeks, which makes tham a great alternative to a bouquet of flowers. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Keep in a cool, humid room where it will receive plenty of light, and keep well watered - taking care to never let the compost dry out completely. If possible, water with rain water, particularly if you live in a 'hard-water' area. Maintain temperatures around 15°C and mist with water on a daily basis. After all risk of frost has passed, the plants can be moved outside during the warmer months before being moved back inside again in the autumn. Feed in spring with a diluted (half-strength) liquid feed that is suitable for acid-loving plants.