Azalea simsii 'Aiko Pink'
- available to order from spring
- 12cm pot - 20cm tall
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 20cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
Many-petalled, cup-shaped blooms appear at the tips of the branches, which are clothed with lustrous deep green foliage. In good conditions, this indoor azalea can flower for several weeks, which makes it a great alternative to a bouquet of flowers.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Keep in a cool, humid room where it will receive plenty of light, and keep well watered - taking care to never let the compost dry out completely. If possible, water with rain water, particularly if you live in a hard water area. Maintain temperatures around 15°C and mist with water on a daily basis. After all risk of frost has passed, the plants can be moved outside during the warmer months before being moved back inside again in the autumn. Feed in spring with a diluted (half-strength) liquid feed that is suitable for acid-loving plants.