spotted begonia / trout begonia / polka dot plant
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- 12cm pot
- Next / named day
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 40cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
c that are clothed in long and pointed olive green leaves, which have a reddish reverse, but are freckled with silver spots on the upper surface. This creates a really colourful effect, which is accentuated further by the sprays of small pink flowers, which may appear from spring to autumn.
- Home care: Place in a bright spot away from indirect light and water regularly during the summer - allowing the soil surface to dry out a little in between. Keep dryer in winter. Avoid watering from above as water droplets on the leaves may leave spots, but place the pot on a tray of pebbles filled with water to help improve the humidity.