spotted begonia or trout begonia or polka dot plant
(shipped within 1-2 working days)
- 12cm pot - 20cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 20cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
Clothed in long and pointed olive green leaves, which have a reddish reverse, but are freckled with silver spots on the upper surface. This creates a really colourful effect, which is accentuated further by the sprays of small pink flowers, which may appear from spring to autumn.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Place in a bright spot away from indirect light and water regularly during the summer - allowing the soil surface to dry out a little in between. Keep drier in winter. Avoid watering from above as water droplets on the leaves may leave spots, but place the pot on a tray of pebbles filled with water to help improve the humidity.