- available to order from autumn
- 21cm pot - 50cm tall
- Position: bright indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 50cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 21cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
Originating from Hawaii, where it is now nearing extinction in the wild due to the drop in number of it's native pollinators, these rare and unusual plants have all be hand pollinated, and can be grown as exotic-looking house plants. Their thick stem is crowned with a topknot of glossy leaves, that is studded with sweetly scented, creamy yellow flowers. The plants are sent out in bloom, but they do have a dormant period (usually in summer, or after being moved from one place to another) when leaves are shed, but this usually only lasts a couple of months and then new foliage will reappear.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Avoid over-watering and allow the compost to dry out in between. Remove the lower leaves as they turn yellow, and re-pot every year in late summer.