Buddleja Gulliver (PBR)
(shipped in 3-5 working days)
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Nectar rich and sweetly scented, ‘Gulliver’ is a giant of a Buddleja with enormous blooms - between 20-30cm long. Patented in 2007, this pinkish lilac flowering British hybrid cultivar was introduced by Kenneth Tobutt at the East Malling Research Station (Kent) following a crossing of B. ‘Pink Delight’ and B. ‘Nanho’.
- Garden care: Plant out as soon conditions allow, avoiding frozen or waterlogged soil. Incorporate well-rotted manure or garden compost and perhaps some mycorrhizal fungi into the soil when planting. Keep well-watered during warm weather until the plant has settled in fully, and once the plant has become established, prune it hard each year in March, cutting all of the previous year's growth back to within two to four buds from the base.