Eventual height & spread
Buddleja Flutterby Petite Blue Heaven ('Podaras No 8') (PBR)
butterfly bush Free Petite
- available to order from spring
- 3 litre pot
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This compact new shrub is perfect if space is limited, but you still want an impressive display that will last for several months. Excellent too for the patio, or the front of a sunny border, its arching branches are laden with clusters of blue flowers from midsummer and these are irresistible to butterflies.
- Garden care: To keep it compact, prune back hard in March removing all of the previous year's growth to three or four buds.