Eventual height & spread
Buddleja Flutterby Petite Dark Pink ('Podaras No 10') (PBR)
butterfly bush Free Petite
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Dark magenta buds open to purple-pink tubular flowers from midsummer onwards, adding colour to the garden for several months. The flowers are loved by butterflies, attracting them in their droves, so this makes a wonderful addition to a wildlife- friendly planting scheme. Very easy to grow, offering long-lasting colour.
- Garden care: To keep it compact prune back hard in March, removing all of the previous year's growth to three or four buds.