Buddleja Free Petite Lavender ('Podaras No 12') (PBR)
butterfly bush Free Petite
- in stock
- 3 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Forming a spreading mound of lanky stems, which for several months from midsummer, are topped with conical clusters of lavender-coloured flowers, this deciduous shrub is compact and free-flowering. Beloved by butterflies, the flowers mix easily with most shades of pink as well as stronger purples and silver-blues.
- Garden care: Prune back hard in March, removing all of the previous year's growth to three or four buds.