Buddleja 'Pink Delight'
(shipped in 2-3 working days)
- 10 lt pot (0.8-1m)
- Oversized £7.95
- Named day £15.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Much maligned for its habit of colonising railway sidings, buddleja can be a fabulous addition to a sunny border, with dramatic, fragrant flowers that are attractive to butterflies and other beneficial insects. Pruned hard in spring, this shrub produces dense spikes of honey-scented, bright pink flowers with orange eyes throughout summer. The pointed, grey-green leaves turn butter-yellow in autumn. Deadheading the buddleja will encourage it to produce more flowers and stop any unwanted seedlings.
- Garden care: Prune back hard in March, removing all of the previous year's growth to three or four buds.