Buddleja Sugar Plum ('Lonplum') (PBR)
butterfly bush Sugar Plum
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- 2 litre pot
- Next / named day
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Lower-growing than many of the other buddlejas, this is a fine new cultivar with long tapering clusters of pinkish red flowers. These look amazing when in full bloom, and will attract a wide range of butterflies to the garden. Easy to grow and drought tolerant once established, this undemanding deciduous shrub offers a long season of colour and interest.
- Garden care: Prune back hard in March, removing all of the previous year's growth to three or four buds.