The zebra plant (marantaceae)
- in stock
- 14cm pot - 45cm tall
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 45cm (including pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
A new addition to this family of plants which is grown for their beautiful leaves and wow! this plant is stunning. The leaves are a rich green with a bright yellow, divided up into small pieces which looks like a mosaic or a stainglass window with slightly scalloped edges. What's more, these plants are tough and resilient, so ideal for beginners or people with busy lives that want something eyecatching. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Originating from tropical regions, they like relatively stable temperatures (ideally above 15C) and a well-lit position that does not get direct sunlight (think steamy jungle!). They like to be kept well watered, although this can be cut back a little in winter, and they thrive in high humidity, either grow it in a steamy room, mist it with water regularly, and/or sit the pot on a tray of dampened shingle.