Calendula officinalis 'Fiesta Gitana Group'
pot marigold Fiesta Gitana Group
- in stock
- approx 175 seeds
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained, poor to moderately fertile soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May-October
- Hardiness: fully hardy annual (it will die after flowering)
Neat and compact plants with large fully double blooms in a wide shade of yellow to orange shades. Quick and easy to grow, even on poor soils, s, ideal for a mixed, sunny border.
Winner of an Royal Horticultural Society, Award of Garden Merit for reliability and good performance.
Part of the seed range produced by Mr Fothergill’s Seeds in partnership with the RHS.
- Garden care: In autumn or spring, either sow in situ into well-raked soil, or in a seed-tray or pot. Cover the seed with 1cm of soil or compost and thin out as the seedlings appear allowing 30cm between each plant. They require little care, although regular deadheading will prolong the already substantial flowering period.
- Sow: August - October or March-June
- Flowering: May-October
- Approximate quantity: 175 seeds.