- available to order from autumn
- 2 litre pot
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moist, well-drained, neutral to acid soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to August
- Hardiness: half hardy (will need winter protection)
Splendid crimson-red flowerspikes are borne in profusion, putting on an impressive display in spring and summer. An eye-catching specimen for a sunny shrub border, the new foliage emerges with a pinkish-red flush, but turns dark green with age. In frost prone areas it's best to grow them in a container so they can be overwintered in a cool greenhouse or conservatory. The leaves will release a delicious lemon scent when crushed.
- Garden care: Tip prune young plants to encourage bushy growth. Established plants should be pruned in stages over two or three summers, cutting back older wood to younger, outward-facing shoots immediately after flowering.