Camellia × williamsii 'Anticipation'
- in stock
- 3 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: partial shade (but not east-facing)
- Soil: moist but well-drained, humus-rich, acid soil (or ericaceous compost for container-grown specimens)
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: February and March
- Hardiness: fully hardy
An extremely hardy camellia that produces large, ruffled, peony-form, crimson flowers in late winter and early spring. This handsome, evergreen shrub has glossy, bright green leaves, and is one of the most popular and easy-to-grow forms of camellia. Narrowly upright in habit, it's ideal for use in a large pation container or for creating an informal, flowering screen.
- Garden care: To prevent damage to the emerging buds and flowers protect from cold, dry winds and early morning sun. Water established plants in dry weather to prevent bud drop. Apply a balanced liquid fertiliser in mid-spring and again in June. Top-dress annually with shredded bark or well-rotted leaf mould. After flowering lightly trim or prune any branches that spoil the appearance of the plant.