Campanula carpatica 'Blaue Clips'
- in stock
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £6.95
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
These clump-forming, low-growing Carpathian bellflowers are perfect for softening the edges of a sunny, raised bed or rockery. They produce a profusion of blue, bell-shaped flowers on branched stems over a long period from June to September and rosettes of heart-shaped, mid-green leaves. A useful little perennial for filling in gaps.
- Garden care: Protect the tender foliage from slug damage using environmentally friendly slug pellets or beer traps. During the growing season water freely and deadhead with scissors to prolong flowering.