Campanula carpatica 'Blaue Clips'
- shipped within 2 weeks
- 2 litre pot
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
These clump-forming, low-growing Carpathian bellflowers are perfect for softening the edges of a sunny raised bed or rockery. They produce a profusion of blue, bell-shaped flowers on branched stems over a long period from June to September and rosettes of heart-shaped, mid-green leaves. A useful little perennial for filling in gaps.
- Garden care: Protect the tender foliage from slug damage using environmentally friendly slug pellets or beer traps. During the growing season water freely and deadhead with scissors to prolong flowering.