Eventual height & spread
Campanula lactiflora 'Prichard's Variety'
milky bellflower (syn Pritchard's Variety)
(shipped in 3-5 working days)
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £5.95
- Named day £10.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Tall, branching stems bearing clusters of violet-blue, open bell-shaped flowers appear from July to September among toothed, mid-green leaves. This tall bellflower is a cottage-garden classic and is perfect towards the back of a mixed or herbaceous border. It's a happy companion for old roses, self-seeds freely, and the flower colour is retained best in partial shade.
- Garden care: Protect the tender foliage from slugs and deadhead regularly to prolong flowering. Apply a generous 5-7cm layer of mulch or well-rotted compost around the base of the plant in spring. Stake with bamboo canes or brushwood in spring before the flowers appear.