carrot 'Sweet Candle' F1
carrot / Daucus carota 'Sweet Candle' F1
- available to order from summer
- approx 300 seeds
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well drained and light
If you want to have the best carrots in the allotment, then these are the ones to grow. They produce uniformly cylindrical shaped roots, which have rounded tips and an exceptionally good flavour. They are high-yielding too!
- Growing Instructions:Sow sparingly direct into shallow drills or over the surface of compost in containers, and cover lightly with soil. Protect early and late sowings with cloches or bring under cover. Thin seedlings gradually until they are 5cm apart, working in the evening when there are fewer carrot flies around. Harvest once roots reach 4-5cm diameter. Erect a 60cm-high screen of horticultural fleece around your veg beds to keep off carrot fly.
- Sow: March-May
- Harvest: June to September
- Approximate quantity: 300 seeds.