- in stock
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
This perennial is semi-evergreen so it can lose some of its leaves in winter. In colder regions or more exposed gardens, it may lose them all, but then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Big, blowsy heads of elegant flowers are the star feature of this plant. They emerge above mounds of dark green fern-like, semi-evergreen foliage in mid summer and last well into autumn. These gorgeous flowers act as a beacon to beneficial insects and are great in cut or dried flower arrangements. Very popular with all the top designers now, this relatively new introduction to the UK is bang on trend.
- Garden Care: Apply a generous mulch around the base of the plant in autumn and snip off the flowerheads before they set seed if you dont want more plants in spring.