parlour palm or dwarf mountain palm
(shipped within 1-2 working days)
- 17cm pot - 55cm tall
- Standard £5.95
- Named day £14.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 55cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 18cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
A sought-after plant during the Victorian era, and still in demand today, this relatively compact palm is easy to grow, and will also help filter the air inside your home. It's quite a slow growing plant, so this semi-mature specimen is ideal for adding an immediate impact.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery alternative), but we have a wide and wonderful range on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Place in a bright spot and keep well watered during the growing season, making sure the excess water can drain away freely. Mist the leaves regularly with water to help maintain the humidity and feed with a balanced liquid fertiliser from late spring to late summer. Keep drier and avoid temperatures dipping below 10°C in winter.