Cistus × obtusifolius 'Thrive'
- available to order from summer
- 9cm pot
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately-fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June and July
- Hardiness: borderline hardy (may need winter protection in colder areas)
This low-growing, evergreen shrub forms a dense mound of dark green foliage, which is topped with a flurry of yellow-centered, white flowers throughout summer. Its' dainty appearance belies its' tough nature as it will take poor soils and coastal conditions in its stride, and will even become tolerant of drought once established. Perfectly suited to Mediterranean-style planting schemes and containers where it gets lots of sun, this recently introduced rock rose is a beauty.
- Garden care: After flowering pinch back young plant to encourage a bushy habit. Lightly trim or cut back any stems that spoil the symmetry of the plant.