Clematis × triternata 'Rubromarginata'
clematis (group 3)
- available to order from spring 2021
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Masses of delicious, marzipan-scented, rosy-purple flowers fading to white at the base of the petals from July to September. This vigorous, late-flowering clematis looks lovely scrambling over a garden wall, pergola or arch in full sun or partial shade. Plant near entrances or paths, where the fragrance can be appreciated.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.