clematis (group 1)
- within 3 weeks
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well drained
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: early spring
- Hardiness: Frost hardy (needs winter protection in cold areas)
A fantastic, evergreen, twining climber, with handsome, long, lance-shaped leaves that will cloak a wall or fence within a few seasons. In early spring, it’s smothered in fragrant, four-petalled, star-shaped white flowers and the new leaves are bronze-tinted. Plant near a doorway to enjoy the scent, and give it plenty of room to spread out.
- Garden care: Clematis armandii prefers its roots to be in cool, moist, well-drained soil, so plant deeply in a shady spot and water well. Mulch around the roots each spring with well-rotted garden compost or manure. This clematis does not like cold winds, so choose a sheltered spot in the garden.This plant is toxic to dogs if eaten.