Clematis Bourbon ('Evipo018') (PBR)
clematis (group 2)
- in stock
(shipped within 5 days)
- 3 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Next / named day
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Large and showy raspberry red flowers, each with a lighter shading towards the centre of the 'petals', form on the twining stems of this compact clematis in early summer. The blooms can grow up to 15cm in diameter, so they put on a pretty impressive display - and they look luminous against the backdrop of rich green foliage.
- Garden care: Remove dead and damaged stems before growth begins in early spring, cutting all remaining stems back to where strong buds are visible. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.