Clematis Elodi ('Evipo115') (PBR)
clematis (group 3)
- available to order from summer
- 3 litre pot
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This unusual mound-forming clematis was shortlisted for the RHS Chelsea Flower Show Plant of the Year competition when it was launched in 2019. The judges were impressed by its rich green, carpeting foliage, and showy, rich pink flowers, which appear from midsummer. It's ideal for creating colourful ground cover at the front of a border, filling gaps at the base of a woody stemmed climber, or tumbling over the edges of a pot.
- Garden care: Remove dead and damaged stems before growth begins in early spring, cutting all remaining stems back to where strong buds are visible. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.