Clematis 'Emerald Dream' (PBR)
clematis (group 1)
- available to order from late summer
- 2 litre pot
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This new clematis forms a low mound of rich green foliage, which in spring, is virtually smothered in greenish cream flowers. As it doesn't climb, it is ideal for rockeries, patio pots or front of border positions, where it will add a splash of colour in mid- to late spring.
- Garden care: No routine pruning is necessary, however any old or straggly stems should be removed immediately after flowering, cutting them back to healthy buds. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.