Clematis 'General Sikorski'
clematis (group 2)
- in stock
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £6.95
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Large, rich mauve-blue flowers with golden-yellow centres from June to September and mid-green leaves. This vigorous, large-flowered clematis is quick to establish, producing a profusion of mauve-blue flowers with finely scalloped petals over a long period. It is best grown on its own in sun or semi-shade.
- Garden care: While no regular pruning is required, removing the dead stem-tips in late February or early March will keep the plant looking tidy. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.